WCO Single Window Compendium
Author/Source: World Customs Organisation (WCO)
Year of adoption/publication: 2017 (first version 2011). The title of the 2017 version has changed to “Building a Single Window Environment”. Structural and editorial improvements have been made to some Parts, and four new Parts have been developed.
Link to the document on the internet: The full text of the Compendium is available on the WCO website discussing Single Window Guidelines, split between Volume 1, and Volume 2.
Purpose: To support capacity building efforts in the context of Single Window planning and implementation projects.
Summary: The compendium consists of two volumes. Volume 1, the Executive Guide, deals with aspects of Single Window that are of concern to senior management. Volume 2, the Professional Practice Guide, is a collection of tools and techniques to support technical experts working on projects to establish a Single Window.
Each volume consists of several chapters.
Chapters 1-8 of Volume 1 cover:
1. Understanding Single Window Environment
2. Border Management Functions and the Single Window Concept
3. Single Window as Part of Customs Modernization
4. Agenda Setting & Policy Planning
5. Establishing the Formal Structure
6. Designing Single Window Services
7. Dealing with Legal Issues
8. Human Resources & Change Management
Chapters 1-7 of Volume 2 cover:
1. Global Trends in Single Window Implementation
2. Functional Assessment for the Single Window Environment
3. Single Window Business Processes
4. Single Window Data Harmonisation
5. Single Window Data Harmonisation in a Single Window Environment
6. Architecture for the Single Window Environment
7. Writing a Business Case for Single Window
Pages that cite this Compendium: